Announcement



13 January, 2015

icon-date3 Tuesday, January 13, 2015     icon-folder2   icon-comment2 No comments


Instruction: In each question below is given a statement followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to assume everything in the statement to be true, then consider the two conclusions together and decide which of them logically follows beyond a reasonable doubt from the information given in the statement.

Give answer:

(A) If only conclusion I follows (B) If only conclusion II follows (C) If either I or II follows (D) If neither I nor II follows (E) If both I and II follow.

Statement And Conclusion Question Paper -2

1) Statements: Jade plant has thick leaves and it requires little water.

Conclusions:

(I)All plants with thick leaves require little water.
(II)Jade plants may be grown in places where water is not in abundance.

a) Only conclusion I follows
b) Only conclusion II follows
c) Either I or II follows
d) Neither I nor II follows
e) Both I and II follow


✔Answer is: Option b) Answer: Option B

Explanation:

The statement talks of jade plants only and not 'all plants with thick leaves'. So, I does not follow. Also, since jade plants require little water, so they can be grown in places where water is not in abundance. So, II follows.

2) Statements: Use "Kraft" colours. They add colour to our life. - An advertisement.

Conclusions:

(I)Catchy slogans do not attract people.
(II)People like dark colours.

a) Only conclusion I follows
b) Only conclusion II follows
c) Either I or II follows
d) Neither I nor II follows
e) Both I and II follow


✔Answer is: Option d) Answer: Option D

Explanation:

The slogan given in the statement is definitely a catchy one which indicates that catchy slogans do attract people. So, I does not follow. Nothing about people's preference for colours can be deduced from the statement. Thus, II also does not follow.

3) Statements: All those political prisoners were released on bail who had gone to jail for reasons other than political dharnas. Bail was not granted to persons involved in murders.

Conclusions:

(I)No political - prisoner had committed murder.
(II)Some politicians were not arrested.

a) Only conclusion I follows
b) Only conclusion II follows
c) Either I or II follows
d) Neither I nor II follows
e) Both I and II follow


✔Answer is: Option a) Answer: Option A

Explanation:

According to the statement, the political prisoners can be divided into two groups - those who were released and those who were put in jail for political dharnas. However, no person involved in murder was released. This means that no political prisoner had committed murder. So, I follows. Clearly, II is not directly related to the statement and does not follow.

4) Statements: Modern man influences his destiny by the choice he makes unlike in the past.

Conclusions:

(I)Earlier there were fewer options available to man.
(II)There was no desire in the past to influence the destiny.

a) Only conclusion I follows
b) Only conclusion II follows
c) Either I or II follows
d) Neither I nor II follows
e) Both I and II follow


✔Answer is: Option a) Answer: Option A

Explanation:

Clearly, I directly follows from the statement while II cannot be deduced from it.

5) Statements: Water supply in wards A and B of the city will be affected by about 50% on Friday because repairing work of the main lines is to be carried out.

Conclusions:

(I)The residents in these wards should economise on water on Friday.
(II)The residents in these wards should store some water on the previous day.

a) Only conclusion I follows
b) Only conclusion II follows
c) Either I or II follows
d) Neither I nor II follows
e) Both I and II follow


✔Answer is: Option e) Answer: Option E

Explanation:

Clearly, the information has been given beforehand so that the residents can collect water on the previous day and use less water on Friday. So, both I and II follow.

6) Statements: The manager humiliated Sachin in the presence of his colleagues.

Conclusions:

(I)The manager did not like Sachin.
(II)Sachin was not popular with his colleagues.

a) Only conclusion I follows
b) Only conclusion II follows
c) Either I or II follows
d) Neither I nor II follows
e) Both I and II follow


✔Answer is: Option d) Answer: Option D

Explanation:

The manager might have humiliated Sachin not because of his dislike but on account of certain negligence or mistake on his part. So, I does not follow. Also, nothing about Sachin's rapport with his colleagues can be deduced from the statement. So, II also does not follow.

7) Statements: Women's organisations in India have welcomed the amendment of the Industrial Employment Rules 1946 to curb sexual harassment at the work place.

Conclusions:

(I)Sexual harassment of women at work place is more prevalent in India as compared to other developed countries.
(II)Many organisations in India will stop recruiting women to avoid such problems.

a) Only conclusion I follows
b) Only conclusion II follows
c) Either I or II follows
d) Neither I nor II follows
e) Both I and II follow


✔Answer is: Option d) Answer: Option D

Explanation:

The fact that a certain rule has been more welcomed in a certain country does not imply that the problem is more prevalent there. So, I does not follow. Also, the amendment seeks to discourage only sexual harassment of women and shall in no way discourage employment of women. So, II also does not follow.

8) Statements: Nation X faced growing international opposition for its decision to explode eight nuclear weapons at its test site.

Conclusions:

(I)The citizens of the nation favoured the decision.
(II)Some powerful countries do not want other nations to become as powerful as they are.

a) Only conclusion I follows
b) Only conclusion II follows
c) Either I or II follows
d) Neither I nor II follows
e) Both I and II follow


✔Answer is: Option d) Answer: Option D

Explanation:

Neither the citizens response to the decision nor the reason for opposition by other nations can be deduced from the statement. So, neither I nor II follows.

9) Statements: In a highly centralised power structure, in which even senior cabinet ministers are prepared to reduce themselves to pathetic countries or yesmen airing views that are primarily intended to anticipate or reflect the Prime Minister's own performances, there can be no place for any consensus that is quite different from real or contrived unanimity of opinion, expressed through a well orchestrated endorsement of the leader's actions.

Conclusions:

(I)The Ministers play safe by not giving anti-government views.
(II)The Prime Minister does not encourage his colleagues to render their own views.

a) Only conclusion I follows
b) Only conclusion II follows
c) Either I or II follows
d) Neither I nor II follows
e) Both I and II follow


✔Answer is: Option a) Answer: Option A

Explanation:

According to the statement, even senior cabinet ministers are always ready to conform to the Prime Minister's views. So, I follows. However, II contradicts the given statement and so does not follow.

10) Statements: National Aluminium Company has moved India from a position of shortage to self-sufficiency in the metal.

Conclusions:

(I)Previously, India had to import aluminium.
(II)With this speed, it can soon become a foreign exchange earner.

a) Only conclusion I follows
b) Only conclusion II follows
c) Either I or II follows
d) Neither I nor II follows
e) Both I and II follow


✔Answer is: Option e) Answer: Option E

Explanation:

According to the statement, National Aluminium Company has moved India from a position of shortage in the past to self-sufficiency in the present. This means that previously, India had to import aluminium. So, I follows. Also, it can be deduced that if production increases at the same rate, India can export it in future. So, II also follows.


0 comments:

Post a Comment


Recent Posts

Bank Recruitment 2015

Banking Terminology

Have to Know (INDIA)

Computer (IT) Terminology

Blog Archive

Sign-up for FREE Regular Updates for your Preparation.

undefined | undefined | undefined

Total Page Views